FDM Process Prototyping
Triad Fastener employs the FDM Process for rapid prototyping. FDM stands for Fused Deposition Modeling and is a thermal process using non-toxic materials for rapid prototyping part creation. FDM allows a simple virtual computer model to provide the basis for a complex 3D model in a matter of minutes or hours, depending upon the sophistication of the part.
FDM produces superior rapid prototypes. The FDM system can build just about any prototype you have in mind. The great advantage of this rapid prototyping technique is the durability of the material used, the stability of the mechanical properties over time and the quality of the parts.
FDM is the perfect solution for:
- Prototypes for functional testing; you can install and run the parts in your production intent material for the best possible proof that your design really works
- Prototypes for form and fit testing
- Prototypes directly constructed in production materials
- Quality parts with a high stability
- Durable single piece parts up to 23-5/8″ x 19-11/16″ x 23-5/8″ (Metric: 600 x 500 x 600 mm)
- Low volume production
At Triad Fastener, additional capabilities include custom decorating, product assembly and full packaging with on-time delivery. We’re bringing the future of plastics manufacturing to you today. With all we have to offer, shouldn’t we be working with you? Call us today!